tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dorel Vaida" <Dorel.Va...@ags.ro>
Subject client disconnect
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:31:13 GMT
Yoav, I understand that the spec says that the container may throw an
exception at client disconnection. I understand it and I will cope with
that. Wat was unbelievable  to me was that even when the other side of
the stream is clearly closed you can still write in it and flush it
without it telling to you nada. zip. So you are sure that what you wrote
arived safely to the other side. and guess what . In fact it didn't. I
don't think you as a programmer would like to rely on such
infrastructure. Whatever the specs may say.