tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chad Morris" <Chad.Mor...@EverBank.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:48:02 GMT

This sounds awfully similar to what we are experiencing, although I have not determined that
it is a jk2 related memory leak.  Are you using some sort of profiling tool to determine this?
 And exactly what does request.registerRequests=false do?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michiel Toneman [mailto:Michiel.Toneman@bibit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 3:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass

Adrian Barnett wrote:

>>> Ran out of memory last night again
>>>
>>> Set to 512m and ran out at 284m
>>> Maybe I am missing a paramater in the tomcat setup on windows or
>>> something
>>>
>>> Frustrating
>>>
>>> James
>>

> I was having a memory leak using mod_jk2, and it was fixed by adding
> request.registerRequests=false
> to tomcat/conf/jk2.properties.
> I don't know if this would work with mod_jk, but it might be worth a try.
>
> Adrian

I can confirm that this works with mod_jk too.

I'm a little surprised that fixing this rather horrible memory leak
doesn't appear to be a high priority.  We were almost at a point of
abandoning Tomcat altogether since we couldn't keep our test environment
running for more than 2 days without OutOfMemory problems while it would
run for weeks on end with JRun3. Adding this line made all our problems
go away, and we are now well on our way to completing our migration to
Tomcat.

Michiel

--
Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik       Michiel.Toneman@bibit.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it
from your computer. Although our company attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses,
it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.