tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chad Morris" <Chad.Mor...@EverBank.com>
Subject RE: SorryRE: Only failover in Mod_jk2 .. How??
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:42:22 GMT

I have never done this myself, but I seem to recall that the way to achieve this is to set
the lb_factor to some extremely high value for the workers you want to designate solely for
failover.  Since the default lb_factor is 1, this should make sure that mod_jk2 only sends
connections to the failover tomcats when the primary tomcat is not accepting connections.
 Hope that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kommuru, Bhaskar [mailto:Bhaskar.Kommuru@standardbank.co.za]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 5:05 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: SorryRE: Only failover in Mod_jk2 .. How??

sorry
I know how to set up loadbalancing.. I want to know how to setup just as
failovers

I am using 4 tomcat clusters and 1 apaches with Mod-jk2s. I want to use 2
tomcats as loadbalancers and other 2 as only as failovers.

How can i do this? Any ideas...
Need help my friends!! :-(

Thanks
Bhaskar

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site
<www.standardbank.co.za>

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official
business of Standard Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions
are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please
notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do
not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has
been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.

[...]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it
from your computer. Although our company attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses,
it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.