tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chad Morris" <Chad.Mor...@EverBank.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:13:36 GMT

Whatever works, right?

Does this only apply to tomcat 5 or is it applicable to tomcat 4 as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Barnett [mailto:adrian@abarnett.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 11:00 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat5/mod_jk Memory Leak/mod_jk bypass

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:48:02 -0400, Chad Morris <Chad.Morris@EverBank.com>
wrote:

> This sounds awfully similar to what we are experiencing, although I have
> not determined that it is a jk2 related memory leak.  Are you using some
> sort of profiling tool to determine this?  And exactly what does
> request.registerRequests=false do?

Don't know what it does (other than stopping jk2 registering requests, I'd
guess)
or why it works. It was mentioned on this very mailing list
a few weeks ago, in response to a previous memory-leak thread, so I tried
it and
it worked.
Not very scientific, I know...
Adrian

--
f y cn rd ths y cn gt a gd jb rt fpl dgm pvq!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it
from your computer. Although our company attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses,
it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.