tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Moushumi Ghosh" <mgh...@foresightint.com>
Subject Re: Creating Valve
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:56:12 GMT
I have another problem now. I don't know where to place the jar containing
the my valve or the valve class file itself. I tried putting the jar file
under tomcat's common/lib, server/lib , shared/lib but it didn't work. Also
I have tried putting the class file under common/classes, server/classes,
shared/classes. Again that doesn't work either. I get the following error on
tomcat startup.

==================================
SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.foresightint.util.MemoryLogValve
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:891)

Where should the valve class be placed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.