tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Remote Start / Stop of tomcat
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:16:03 GMT
Uma,

Set the communication type to ssh. This is much more secure than telnet.
(Otherwise they work the same) You will be prompted about a certificate. If
your IP is correct(Are you talking to the correct machine) then you should
accept it. For a window user it is a strange world in the land of prompt. It
works just like a Dos prompt or command prompt on Windows(with different
commands). Use cd .. to move up in the directories and ls to list the
directories and files. Case does matter, so CD is not the same as cd, same
goes for file names. On some flavors of linux/unix you may have to do this
./startup.sh to call a program in the current directory.

If you need to find the file use   find / -name startup.sh  You may need to
be at the root prompt to get good results, again a flavor issue.
This should list all the locations of this file.

Good luck.

Doug
www.parsonstechnical.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schalk" <schalk@volume4.co.za>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 7:58 AM
Subject: RE: Remote Start / Stop of tomcat

Uma

After launching Putty, leave everything at their default setting and type in
your server's IP address. Click Open. On the first alert window that pops up
read the text and click either Yes or No.

Next it will ask you to type in your username and then password. While you
are typing the password you will not see the prompt move. This is ok; type
the password and press enter.

Then from my experience I basically go:
cd /usr/local/tomcat/bin/
startup.sh

or

shutdown.sh

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.com

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error,
please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
email. Thank you.