tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alvin Randolph" <a.g.rando...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject Can't Start Tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:37:40 GMT
Hello:
I installed Tomcat 5.0 a few weeks ago on a WinXP system. Set system  Environment variables
$CATALINA_HOME to C:\Program Files\Tomcat 5.0 &  JAVA_HOME to C:\JBuilder\jdk1.3.1.

Whenever I click the "Tomcat Administration" link under the Start button, I get a panel requesting
the User name & Password to connect me to http://127.0.0.1:8080/ADMIN/....... After 3
tries, I get the "Unauthorized" panel.

I am using the minimal server.xml file with no GlobalNamingResources, service name, connector
port assignment, host name & logger settings inside engine tags. I also set memoryrealm
so the manager can use Tomcat-user.xml to validate the username & password. There are
no error messages in the "Logs" folder. What am I doing wrong?

                                            Thanks,
                                             Alvin Randolph