tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ankit Doshi" <an...@net4nuts.co.in>
Subject Re: problem with classpath
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:01:57 GMT
Guys,

Can anybody help me on this? Basically, I want to run multiple web
applications from within single tomcat instance.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ankit Doshi" <ankit@net4nuts.co.in>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:43 AM
Subject: problem with classpath

Hello,

I am running an application for multiple clients and the setup is like the
set of classes being used are common and the property files are different
for each client. The structure looks as below :
/usr/local/common_application_classes/ - this folder contains all classes
/usr/local/properties/client1/ - this folder contains properties of client1
/usr/local/properties/client2/ - this folder contains properties of client2
...... etc for all the different clients.

Now, this is a web based application and the classes in the
/usr/local/common_application_classes/ are being used from the web
application (servlet, jsp files). The properties files are being used from
the classes contained in the /usr/local/common_application_classes/ folder.

I want to setup a common tomcat (preferabbly tomcat3, or tomcat4) for all
these clients, but how should I setup the classpath?
/usr/local/common_application_classes/ should be in tomcat's classpath. But,
properties files are different for different classes, so thought of creating
single tomcat and under that, multiple contexts, one for each client and the
properties files goes in the respective client's context/WEB-INF/classes.
But, since the classes accessing the properties files are outside tomcat
(not in context/WEB-INF/classes), are not being able to access properties
files - gives MissingResourceException.

Let say, I have a test.jsp file in context /test, which calls a
TestClass.class file and this TestClass.class file is looking up some
property file through ResourceBundle. The property file is in
/test/WEB-INF/classes/ directory. Now, if the TestClass.class is in
/test/WEB-INF/classes, then it works perfectly fine, but if the
TestClass.class is outside tomcat (included in tomcat's classpath), then it
gives MissingResourceException while looking up property file.

Please tell me how can I proceed further.

Ankit