tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Lipscombe" <adam.lipsco...@expensys.com>
Subject UserTransaction class not found in TC 5.0.25
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:51:19 GMT
Folks,

I have deployed a J2EE app to TC 5.0.25.
The app has the j2ee.jar library in the webapps/<application>/WEB-INF/lib
directory

When I access the app it displays a page with this info:

root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction

I don't understand this error because the UserTransaction class is in the
j2ee.jar file, and this is in the WEB-INF/lib dir.
What's going on here?
Does the j2ee.jar need to go somewhere else as well?

TIA -Adam