tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Reid Peryam" <r...@bu.edu>
Subject Need directions on how to connect to an IP address
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:54:52 GMT
I have no knowledge of either Ant or Tomcat other than a partner told me that both were necessary
to download a file from his IP address.

This being said I have tried very hard to figure out how to use them to accomplish this. I
seem to be able to start Tomcat up and shut it down (seemingly without ever using Ant), but
the default port, 8080, causes a dns server error when I try to load http://localhost:8080/
. The documentation said this could be caused if I had something else running on that port.
I don't know how to check if this is the case, nor see which ports I have available to reassign
the default port to (which the documentation describes very well).

Finally, if someday I get Tomcat running properly, I have no idea of how to connect to said
IP address to download the file on my buddy's computer. It would seem to be the simplest of
Tomcat tasks, but I can't find a description of how to do it on any of the web documentation.
Could someone point me there?

Thank you for your time,
Reid