tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morten" <>
Subject URL Rewriting
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 12:41:08 GMT

We are using Struts 1.1 and Tomcat 4.1.x at our company.
We are considering to separate our urls from our struts configuration.
Instead of / we would like the url to look like this:
/news/article/43. Furthermore the generated html should contain urls of the
form /news/article/43. This change should happen as transparently as
possible for our Action classes.

We have found the UrlRewriteFilter at However it only solves
part of the problem. The incoming requests will be translated correctly.
the anchors in the generated html remains unchanged.

A solution could be to write our own HttpConnector and then implement our
own HttpServetResponse.encodeURL, which in turn will translate the links.

Do anyone on this list have an (better) alternative to this problem?

Thanks in advance
Morten Knudsen

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: