tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Modify request in a Vavle?
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 18:50:45 GMT

Hi,

>  Anyway, your info is very helpful. So you are saying that we can
>definitely modify the CONTENT of a request in a Filter?

What you would do is:
- Create a custom InputStream
- Create an HttpServletRequestWrapper
- Create a Filter

Map the filter to the requests you want to intercept.  Have the filter
wrap these requests in your HttpServletRequestWrapper.  Have the wrapper
substitute your InputStream for the real one.  Then your InputStream can
return whatever content you want.

It's tricky to do correctly.  It's probably a bad idea from the start
(why not just have a good request, or tailor the web service to
correctly handle/reject bad requests?).  But your question was if it's
possible at all, so yeah it is.

Yoav Shapira