tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Modify request in a Vavle?
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 18:35:28 GMT

Hi,
You can modify some things in a Valve, such as request headers.
Modifying the request content itself is trickier.  I haven't tried to do
that in a Valve, but since tomcat is open you can always modify the
connector if you're hell-bent on going this way.

Consider a Filter (javax.servlet.Filter) rather than a Valve if you need
to modify headers or otherwise customize the request.  A Filter in
combination with an HttpServletRequestWrapper is not only effective and
flexible, but also more portable than a Valve because it's not specific
to Tomcat.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics