tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Irwin <Jason.Ir...@mclarensoftware.com>
Subject RE: Strange behaviour with buffers
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 13:50:17 GMT
>That statement from the site is wrong in at least one case:
>	page import
>May be it's wrong in the other cases too.

Indeed, that did puzzle me.  But I am not a Java or JSP expert by any means
and BEA's stance is "Our behaviour meets the spec, our behaviour is
correct."

One big problem I had (have!) was finding the official JSP Spec.  This link
is (I think) to the spec and it seems to refute BEA's stance.  But I cannot
be sure.

http://sunsdlctemp2-vhost1.cambma1-dc1.cscehub.com/servlet/EComFileServlet//
ESD6/JSCDL/jsp/2.0-fr/jsp-2_0-fr-spec.pdf?ActionId=verify&TicketId=2aPxkVSIO
Rta&TicketServerUrl=LxU7fwxQLugy%2BErpKYcvIWlUfSBzPG60JI8nt3z9f3UsBDtcUw13tW
6%2B&GroupName=EedEWQ%3D%3D
[JSP.1.10.1, 1-43, page 79] "A translation unit (JSP source file and any
files included via the include directive) can contain more than one instance
of the page directive, all the attributes will apply to the complete
translation unit (i.e. page directives are position independent)."

My head is beginning to hurt.....

Jason "Dazed and confused" Irwin