tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <>
Subject JkCoyoteHandler Error
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 13:53:28 GMT
Hi All,

I have been looking through our production server logs and the following error block is repeated
an awful lot, like every 6 minutes or so and sometimes 6 times per minute.

06-May-2004 14:38:50 org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler action
SEVERE: Error in action code Connection reset by peer: socket write error
	at Method)
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(
	at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(
	at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(
	at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(
	at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(
	at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(
	at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(
	at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$
06-May-2004 14:38:50 org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest invoke
INFO: Unknown message 0

The difficult part is that no user has reported any errors to us and I have never seen an
error arise from using the system, so I am a little puzzled at where this is coming from and
despite not having errors reveal themselves or being reported, I still want to get to the
bottom of them and remove the cause if possible.

The system is now fairly basic:

  --> JK2
    --> Tomcat 5.0.19
      --> JNDI SQL Server port 1433
      --> Content Management System port 4444

If anyone could suggest what this error may be, why I may be getting it or how I can go about
getting better resolution on the root cause I would be very grateful,

Cheers, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055