tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Beckham" <br...@catalystnet.com>
Subject RE: Memory leak with Tomcat 5.0.19
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 13:56:58 GMT
Ok, after adding that setting in jk2.properties I have had 2 lockups of
tomcat on my production site....any help!!?!!?

Brian Beckham
bbeckham@catalystnet.com
Office: 770.924.6444 ext. 203
Mobile: 404.406.8355

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Beckham [mailto:brian@catalystnet.com]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 8:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Memory leak with Tomcat 5.0.19

I added the request.registerRequests=false to jk2.properties yesterday,
but I still do not have a definite confirmation on whether this problem
is fixed.   The JVM did grow to over 600MB, which is more that my Tomcat
4.1.x instances, but Tomcat crashed the site yesterday at about 7pm, so
I didn't have a chance to see if the memory continued to grow. (there
was about 200MB free of the 624 MB allocated at the time of the crash -
I'll have to deal with that later).

I read the documentation on jk2.properties, but didn't really get much
there.  Is there anyone with a good "documented" jk2.properties files
that would care to share?

BTW - for all interested, I also set development to false, and fork to
true in web.xml.  I have also removed jsvc from the equation just to
make sure it is not part of the problem.

Brian Beckham
bbeckham@catalystnet.com
Office: 770.924.6444 ext. 203