tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Trond Hersløv <trond.hers...@gotogate.no>
Subject SV: SV: Tomcat virtualhost bug?
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 17:25:14 GMT
Getting closer.
I removed all logs, and all the servlets from (cd work/Catalina/;rm -rf *).
Startet up tomcat, and as you
said, all the web applications were generated under all three hosts (is that
deploying?).
But I dont understand why that happens. I have the Host attribute
autoDeploy="false".
You say "disable deployOnStartup". Did you mean autoDeploy?

What else can causee those apps to be precompiled as tomcat is starting up?

What is the point of setting Host:webapps, Context:docBase and Context:path
when all three virtualHost
always take every application it finds under webapps?

I do really appreciate the way you are helping me out here.

Trond (

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: QM [mailto:qm300@brandxdev.net]
Sendt: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 18:42
Til: Tomcat Users List
Emne: Re: SV: Tomcat virtualhost bug?

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:48:52PM +0200, Trond Hersl?v wrote:
: Sorry about that. I'm a freshman and just tried to keep it short and
simple
: (as I thought I was supposed to).

It helps to follow the list for a day or two before posting. =)

The first thing that strikes me: disable "deployOnStartup" in the <Host>
element, otherwise each virtual host will deploy any webapp under the
"appBase" dir.

Check the Tomcat logs to see whether each of your webapps is being
deployed 3 times (1 for each vhost).

If that doesn't help, I'll look at your server.xml again... but nothing
leaped out at me the first time.

: Anyway - my server.xml:
: Have no idea what those listeners and Global naming resourses are doing,
but
: I'll deal with it later ( I hope)

All of that is described in the Tomcat docs.  Please review those.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com