tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Knight, Digby" <Digby_Kni...@hen.invesco.com>
Subject RE: problem with JSP -> no data returned
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 08:26:45 GMT
It's not that tools.jar isn't on the path, and Tomcat can't compile the JSPs
at runtime, is it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Parsons Technical Services [mailto:parsonstechnical@earthlink.net]
Sent: 23 May 2004 00:52
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: problem with JSP -> no data returned

Just a few curious questions.

Are you running this as a service, from the console or from the shortcut?

Are you logged in as an administrator? Where you when you installed?

What are the permission setting on the directories that you installed to?

Just thinking of a far fetched idea. If the permissions are read-only on the
files you installed then you would not get any warnings in the logs or jsp
being compiled. Although it should kick back an error on the web page,
stranger things have happened.

Doug
www.parsonstechnical.com