tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: All threads (150) are currently busy....
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 18:17:41 GMT
Hi Pavle,

Do you use a database?
Is there a firewall between Tomcat and the database?

If both answers are "yes", try using testWhileIdle, validationQuery,
time between eviction runs (can't remember property name) and other DBCP
properties.

Other than that, my typical advice, which I learnt from Yoav Shapira
IIRC, is (as Lipi told you), kill -QUIT and see what happens.

Antonio Fiol

Pavle wrote:

>The main problem is that there is no load on the serever when this occurs. Everything
works perfectly during the normal working week. The message and the hunging occurs during
weekends, when there is low traffic.