tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "M.Hockings" <veeshoo...@hockings.net>
Subject Re: session data in Tomcat 5
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 14:36:36 GMT
Certainly !  They are attached (please don't laugh at them tooo much )

BTW, I'm finding that my test server on FC1  (Tomcat 5.0.24) is working
quite well, fast response, can deploy, undeploy reliably and sessions
seem to work as expected.  On Win2K however the 5.0.25 version is
considerably slower, often has to be re-started to get a successful
deploy and every touch is a new session.  This is as configured by the
installer (I have not changed any of the config files other than setting
up a manager id/pwd) and the only change on install was to modify the
install directory from c:\... to d:\...  In the past I've had Tomcat 4.0
& 4.1 working solidly on Win2K even jk'd to Apache.    I must admit that
I'm not a Tomcat expert, our main deployment platform is IBM's WAS but I
like to make sure that our product runs on Tomcat as some prefer a
different servlet container.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I wonder if some of my woes have been
due to trying to use Tomcat  5 on my Win2K laptop rather than a "real"
server box.

Mike