tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Setting classpath out of the webapp directory
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 12:02:56 GMT
Place your classes in common/lib or shared/lib

But you need to be careful. The common/lib and shared/lib classloaders cannot
see the WEB-INF classloader - which means that you can easily get the no
class found errors.

Multiple copies of JAR files in each classloader is OK. You can do that via
symlinks or better - make the copy of the libraries (or classes) as part of
you ant build script. If its part of your ant build script - there is not
extra work to do.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

-Tim