tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asif Chowdhary" <As...@xeye.com>
Subject RE: RE : 2 Tomcat instances on the same server ?
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 15:17:24 GMT
This should ease your pain:
Change JAVA Home base on your JRE

::Starting Tomcat as an NT Service
echo off
set PATH=%PATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%
set SERVICENAME=mysecondtomcat
set CATALINA_BASE=C:\Program Files\mydirectory
set JAVACLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%
set JAVACLASSPATH=%JAVACLASSPATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar
set JAVACLASSPATH=%JAVACLASSPATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar
set JAVACLASSPATH=%JAVACLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\rt.jar

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -install "%SERVICENAME%" "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
-Djava.class.path="%JAVACLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%"
-Xrs -Xmx200m -Xms100m -start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
-params stop -out "%CATALINA_BASE%\logs\stdout.log" -err "%CATALINA_BASE%\logs\stderr.log"

-----Original Message-----
From: Hertenstein Alain [mailto:alhertenstein@gva.eri.ch]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:01 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE : 2 Tomcat instances on the same server ?

Thanks Matt and Ralph,
Is there a documentation somewhere as to how to setup 2 (or more) Tomcat instances ? I've
seen there were Workers on Tomcat 3.x, but cannot find more documentation for Tomcat 4.x (the
Running.txt file doesn't explain much, I've created that CATALINA_BASE environment variable
but cannot see any difference).
Also my 1st tomcat instance is already running as an NT service, and I'd like to keep it that
way.

Another question : would these Tomcat instances be completely independent one from the other(s)
? I mean, could I completely restart one instance without affecting the others ?

Thanks again,
Alain