tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Buglass <adam.bugl...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: The tomcat not accept more connections
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 10:10:00 GMT
Ok, I don't know about timings - that is an entirely different question.

Tomcat is not accepting connections because you've run out of processors
to create them (defined in server.xml - this example is for my SQL
connection):

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

If you are running out of processors it is because you are creating
connections and then not closing them after use, it is important that
you do this.

If you are connecting to a database then when you creat a new connection
eg. Connection conn = dbClass.getConnection()

you must close that connection when you have finished interrogating the
DB. IN this case you would use conn.close();

HTH.

Adam

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 20:25, Software wrote:
> OK but is that the reasos that the tomcat not accept more connections?
>
> Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >The parameter uses milliseconds.  The default and recommended value for
> >99% of applications is 60000ms.
> >
> >I suggested upgrading your tomcat version: 4.1.30 and 5.0.24 are good
> >releases.
> >
> >Yoav Shapira
> >Millennium Research Informatics

and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail
is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may n
> be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an)
intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify
the sender.  Thank you.