tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Honza Spurný <spu...@master.cz>
Subject How to set different security layer in subcontext?
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 08:35:15 GMT
Hi there,

please, I need to set unsecure connection in subcontext of secure context.
:)

It means:  I have webapp1, that is set as:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>webapp1</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        <http-method>GET</http-method>
        <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>

    <user-data-constraint>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

What I need is, to set some subdirectory of webapp-direcotry to have no
security connection. So the directory DIR should be accessible also in http
requests.

So I would like to specify something like this:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>unsecure directory</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/DIR/*</url-pattern>
        <http-method>GET</http-method>
        <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>

    <user-data-constraint>
        <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

I've tried this, but this doesn't work.

Would be anybody so kind and help.