tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malcolm Warren <malc...@villeinitalia.com>
Subject Re: How does Tomcat manage Form-based authentication?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:12:26 GMT
Thank you for your answer. Sorry about the new thread for new topic
business - I hadn't understood the thread mechanism.
I presume for this topic I'd better continue as we are and I'll get it
right next time.

I was wondering exactly how the servlet container knows whether the user
has already authenticated or not.
With BASIC authorization an "Authorization" header is sent and based on
that the programmes know whether to re-present the sign in or not.

I'm using an old nuts and bolts programme that actually programmatically
sent the "Authorization" header string for BASIC authorization, and I'd
like to continue using this programme, but I have to tell the new FORM
version that I've already signed in, and I don't know how.