tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat with SSL
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:37:53 GMT
I believe that you can't use IBM's JSSE with the HttpConnector.  You have to
use the CoyoteConnector.

"Hiemer, Bernhard" <Hiemer@mayr.de> wrote in message

Hi Tomcat-Users,

I found out, that my problem depends on the configuration of the security
providers in the java.security file.
(On my machine is installed jsse from IBM and Sun).

If the configuration is
security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
security.provider.2=com.ibm.jsse.JSSEProvider
security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

I get the following Exception
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  null.open:
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Class com.ibm.jsse.ba configured for
SSLContext not a SSLContext
at com.sun.net.ssl.SunJSSE_b.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(DashoA6275)
at
org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory.initProxy(SSLServerSocContext
not a SSLContext
at com.sun.net.ssl.SunJSSE_b.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(DashoA6275)

In the other case, when the configuration-file looks like
security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
security.provider.3=com.ibm.jsse.JSSEProvider

this error message occurs:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

The relevant part of the server.xml file is:
<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
               enableLookups="true"
       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false">
      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="C:\Programme\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application
Developer\v5.1\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\lib\security\test"
               keystorePass="changeit" />
    </Connector>

In the first case it looks like the two different jsse implementations cause
the problem. But how to configure it right?

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks
Bernhard