tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stormblade" <stormbl...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Installation Help Needed
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:10:00 GMT
> No offense but sometimes we get burned by the silly little things.

No offense taken. As a programmer I definitely have been bitten by
the silly little things often enough that I'll try whatever.

> Everything seems to point to a firewall/router ACL issue.

> Are there any devices between the client and server?

> Doug

Yup and it was. After I determined that tomcat was running and that I
was able to view the start page with lynx (Man how could I have
forgotten about lynx) I knew then it had to be firewall but I also
knew it wasn't a blocked port. Everytime my firewall rules block
something I log it and there was nothing there so I knew I opened the
port up properly.

Upon further inspection I realized that it was being redirected. One
single line, easy to miss but it was me being lazy a while back.
Basically my script closes every single port then I open up specific
ones. Well I got tired of that and made a rule that redirected a
group to another machine and 8080 (Which I never used before) was in
that range. I took it out and voila it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help. I just know I'll have some other issues as I'm
still new to tomcat. I have a client right now waiting to see
something and I need to put something up there. I believe I have to
create a context in server.xml so that he can do www.mydomain.
com:8080/something.

I've not done this before though. On my development machine I've used
Netbeans to test and deploy stuff for me. Ah the learning never ends.
:)

=-

Stormblade (Shaolin Code Warrior)

Software Developer (15+ Years Programming exp.)

My System: http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=1683