tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Tang <Thomas.T...@thestreet.com>
Subject Re: How to set up JAVA_OPTS while running tomcat as a service
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:03:46 GMT
Hi,

You would need to specify this prior to starting up Tomcat.
Just set your environment variables accordingly and fire up the tomcat
afterwards.

Thomas

"Mandy Joss" <tomcat21117@hotmail.com>
04/02/2004 11:54 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
How to set up JAVA_OPTS while running tomcat as a service

I am running Tomcat 4.1.24 as service but under stress I get
OutOfMemmoryError. To cure this I want to pass JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms256m
-Xmx1000m -Xincgc to the Tomcat. Can somebody please tell me where should
specify JAVA_OPTS so that Tomcat running as service will look at them.