tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nybro Bolding" <thomas.bold...@danskebank.dk>
Subject JDNI, DBCP and global naming resources - problem solved!
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:06:06 GMT
Dunno if this might be of interest to others but I guess some might have
or get the same problems as I have been through for the past couple of
hours and therefore post my findings...

Setting up a database connection pool in Tomcat is pretty straightforward:
either edit the server.xml or use the admin module. In either event you
might want to follow the guide at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html.

But beware as this might result in a
"org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null', cause: No suitable driver" error even
though you have followed the instructions. In this case simply move the
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/foo">...</ResourceParams> from the server.xml
to your application located at ...\conf\Catalina\localhost\bar.xml as
there seems to be an issue with global naming resources.

Does anyone know whether a bugzilla report has been filed on this subject
(I couldnt find one) or if one should be reported at all...

Best regards Thomas

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og
andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes
den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er
opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors
that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>