tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Janes <...@se.bluewave.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Paths in one Context
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:47:39 GMT

HI,

This is what I need
<!-- SNIP --->

For example, do your paths all need to have just one level of
directories on them, or could you use a set like:

www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath1
www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath2
www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath3
www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath4

If so, then maybe you could get by with one context (myapp), and use
servlet definitions and servlet mappings to get things to work the way
you want.

<!-- END SNIP --->

however I have lots of JSPs etc... so I am not sure how to 'define' those so to speak....
in fact
the only servlets are initialisation servlets... fired at the boot of the web app

Mvh
Benjamin A. Janes
------------------------------------
Maersk Data Sverige

M. +46 (0)40-630 04 88
Drottninggatan 18,
S-211 49 Malmö,
Sweden

|         |           Milt Epstein     |
|         |           <mepstein@uiuc.ed|
|         |           u>               |
|         |           2004-04-20 17:25 |
|         |           "Tomcat Users    |
|         |           List"            |

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Ben Janes wrote:

> HI,
>
> This isn't really what I wanted.
>
> I need one context, that is accessible from several paths...
>
> so that
>
> www.xyz.com/mypath1
> www.xyz.com/mypath2
> www.xyz.com/mypath3
> www.xyz.com/mypath4
>
> All go to the same directory.... whilst maintaining there uniqueness
> of path names
[ ... ]

Maybe it would be more helpful if you say in some detail what you want
to do and why, and then people will be able to give you better suggestions.

For example, do your paths all need to have just one level of
directories on them, or could you use a set like:

www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath1
www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath2
www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath3
www.xyz.com/myapp/mypath4

If so, then maybe you could get by with one context (myapp), and use
servlet definitions and servlet mappings to get things to work the way
you want.

Or, have you tried having multiple Context tags, all with different
paths but the same docBase?  I don't know if that's allowed, or if
it's been suggested, but maybe it's worth looking into.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu