tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Guyatt" <pguy...@telesoft-technologies.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5 : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:19:29 GMT
Hi There,

	I have seen this before.

It is when your page is going to be over a certain size. (I believe its
around 4MB)

Just use a Servlet to display the result of the query

Thanks

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Pellegrini [mailto:f.pellegrini@telematicaitalia.it]
Sent: 20 April 2004 11:05
To: Tomcat-User-ML
Subject: Tomcat 5 : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi all,

I have Tomcat 5.0.18 with one java web application and database Access 2000.

When one Servlet/JSP try to make "heavy" query to database, tomcat shows
this error message :

HTTP Status 500 -

----

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextI
mpl.java:867)

l.java:800)

org.apache.jsp.pannelli.telematica.visconsumi_jsp._jspService(visconsumi_jsp
.java:789)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
11)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I've tried to modify the catilina.bat file, increased start memory  by set :

set CATALINA_OPTS=" -server -Xmx1200M -Xms1200M -Xss256k"

but i still having the same problem....

How can I solve it?

Thans in advance for your kind attention,

Francesco.