tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Guyatt" <pguy...@telesoft-technologies.com>
Subject RE: calling native code
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:21:11 GMT
Hi there,

	What OS are you using ?

If windows just copy the dll to the windows/system32 directory or solaris to
the use/lib directory.

That way you dont have to specify the location of the library

Thanks

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Astrid Wagner [mailto:Astrid.Wagner@motorola.com]
Sent: 05 April 2004 13:13
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: calling native code

Hi,

I am using tomcat 4.1.24 and want to use native c-code with JNI.
I have a shared library installed in an oracle subdirectory that is
added to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
when Apache is started (apachectl) but when I restart tomcat this
directory is no longer in it
which leads to a

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

error. Where can I modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH within tomcat ?
When I restart Apache, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct but I get a

ClassDefNotFound exeception

for the class that calls the c-interface (IprShellInterface.class
package com.mot.sps.ipr.common).
I have installed that class in
CATALINA_HOME/common/classes/com/mot/sps/ipr/common/IprShellInterface.class.
I called that class successfully before but now I seemed to have run
into a deadlock.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Astrid