tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MUKUND Premchander" <PMuk...@covansys.com>
Subject SESSION VARIABLE BECOMES NULL AFTER SOME REFRESH
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:19:05 GMT
Hi,

I have a jsp page which is refreshed atuomatically every 10 seconds.I
get and put values in the session by using the implicit session variable
. Everything works fine for say 2-3 mins after that the session becomes
null and throws a null pointer exception.

IN the try block I even have a code as
try {
     if (session == null || session.isNew()) {
            //do something
      } else {
             //do otherwise
      }
 }catch(Exception e )
 { //print stack trace and value of session }

I get a null pointer exception and session is preinted as null but even
the if block is noit executed . I printed the value of
request.getSession(false);.This gives me session object ,where as the
implicit session does not have this after many refresh interval . During
the first few refresh both have the same value.

Also note that this runs fine in Windows ,I get this problem only in
UNIX . I use tomcat 3.2 in unix and view using IE in windows

Please help me out as to where I am going wrong .

thanks and Regards
Mukund