tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik \(lists\)" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4 session replication in a production environment
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:26:05 GMT
hey there,
several people are using it in production, however, it is not a supported
implementation.
I can upgrade the 4 version for a consulting fee, but time constraints
limits me to work on T5 only at the moment.

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Lissack [mailto:rlissack@buildonline.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 11:04 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Tomcat 4 session replication in a production environment

Hi,

Is anyone using Tomcat 4 session replication in a production environment, if
so, could you please share your experiences ?

Unfortunately we are unable to upgrade to TC 5 for now but I need to setup
session replication for some of our TC 4 servers for fail-over purposes (we
have HW load balancers for load balancing).

I have successfully set it up in our stage environment to prove it is viable
but I am interested in others experiences.

Also, is it possible for me to create a new replication jar for TC 4 which
incorporates the bug fixes done on the TC 5 branch ?

Thanks,
Ryan.

---