tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bill Bruns" <bbr...@fitme.com>
Subject RE: Having trouble getting Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2.so to work together
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:20:22 GMT
Ken,
I myself am only using JK not JK2, partly because you have a lot of company:
there seem to be a lot of people having problems with jk2.  However, perhaps
I can help,based on the working jk connector that we have.  In order to
help,
there are three things I (or anyone on the list) need to see:
(1) relevant section of httpd.conf, that is, all the lines specific to the
jk module
(2) the entire workers.properties file
(3) the relevant section from your server.xml file that is configuring
Tomcat
And, what versions of Apache HTTPD and Tomcat are you using?
(You've probably already posted the versions, but please do so again.)
- Bill Bruns

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Ramirez [mailto:kramirez@creativecac.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:04 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'; bbruns@fitme.com
Subject: RE: Having trouble getting Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2.so to work
together


That was a very good question, as I had assumed that the jk2 would start
tomcat up for me. However, I created a service for tomcat, and now
started it up, and then restarted the HTTP service, and still cannot get
the JSP-Examples via HTTPD. However, I can get to Tomcat via port 8080.

Help! I'm running desparate now.

Ken


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bill Bruns [mailto:bbruns@fitme.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 5:19 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Having trouble getting Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2.so
> to work together
>
>
> Ken, Sorry to ask the obvious, but your words raise a
> question: did you start Tomcat? You say "I put the LoadModule
> in the httpd.conf for it to load Tomcat", are you saying that
> just having the jk module will automatically start Tomcat? If
> indeed Tomcat is not running wouldn't that explain the "page
> cannot be found"? HTH, Bill -----Original Message-----
> From: Eric Noel [mailto:ericnoel@mylife.ph]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 4:10 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: Having trouble getting Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2.so
> to work together
>
>
> On 4/28/2004 12:21 AM, Ken Ramirez wrote:
> > Thank you all for your help. It was the HTTPD script. It
> was pointing
> > to the old location the RH left behind. I modified it using vi to
> > point to the new location, and I was able to start up the service.
> > However, although I put the LoadModule in the httpd.conf for it to
> > load Tomcat (via mod_jk2.so), I'm not getting the expected
> resulting
> > page when I execute http://myserver/jkstatus or when I run
> > http://myserver/jsp-examples. Instead, I'm getting the famous "The
> > page cannot be found" message. I looked in the apache logs for any
> > errors caused by not being able to load the mod_jk2.so and
> didn't see
> > any errors.
> >
> > Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing the problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ken
> >
> >
> >
> >>-----Original Message-----
> >>From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:hassan@webtuitive.com]
> >>Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 8:52 AM
> >>To: Tomcat Users List
> >>Subject: Re: Having trouble getting
> Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2.so to work
> >>together
> >>
> >>
> >>Ken Ramirez wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>The Redhat default httpd server was still installed. After I
> >>>uninstalled the package using RPM -e, I was able to reinstall the
> >>>httpd server I compiled using "make install". However, now
> >>
> >>I can run
> >>
> >>>the server using ./httpd -k start, but when I try running it as a
> >>>service using "service httpd start", I get the following error:
> >>>
> >>>Starting httpd: execvp: No such file or directory
> >>>
> >>>Can anyone provide any help?
> >>
> >>Not exactly a Tomcat problem, but it sounds like the
> startup script in
> >>/etc/init.d/httpd is pointing to a different location than your new
> >>installation; have you checked that?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@webtuitive.com
> >>Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   === http://webtuitive.com
> >>
> >>                           dream.  code.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------
> >>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >
> There is definitely something wrong with your configuration
> we are blindly making solutions wherein we are at a loss on
> what is current in your system. e.g. you told us that you
> have apache 2.0.49 but then you have two one pkg one
> compiled? it would be better that you start all over i guess,
> the scripts i gave you b4 should ran on a clean rh using rh binaries.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message