tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: how many sessions can read the ServletContext() at a time
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:01:19 GMT

Sorry, that doesn't answer my question.

Is the video the same in each instance ?

If it is, you need just one instance of the video
that is accessed by all servlets. In this case the
costs to access the video are quite low compared
against the cost to write the stream. So it's most
likely the later that will limit your concurrent
sessions.

You won't get any estimates from me, you have to
test with your environment and your application. In
my exprience these factors have much more effect on
the performance than tomcat itself.