tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Sumit" <>
Subject Taglibs help needed???
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:33:43 GMT

Hello All,

I am having some strange problem using taglibs in tomcat 4.1.27 and jdk1.4.
My webapp named 'hris', works well without taglibs. I am using 2.3 dtd which
i refer as
I have downloaded the taglibs standard library (not standard-1.0) from
apache website and its standard-examples webapp works fine when deployed and
run as a seperate webapp. However if I add the tag-libs tag element in my
hris webapp, the tag-lib does not work. I deployed it as

and in my jsp page use <%@ taglib uri="/tag" prefix="input" %>
However I get an error message
The absolute url "/tag" cannot be found

I have tried several different ways and no matter what I do, I get the same
error from 'hris' but the standard-examples works ok. I am baffled and
stuck..... Any help or suggestions will greatly help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message