tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harry Mantheakis <ha...@mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat configuration
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 19:08:19 GMT
Hello

ROOT is the default context (application). By default, ROOT handles requests
that do not specify an application. Hence this URL:

     http://localhost:8080/

Would be handled by the 'ROOT' application, which displays the Tomcat
welcome page. You can re-configure this, of course, but that is how it is
set up by default.

Your 'myapplication' directory (and everything it contains) should not be
located within the ROOT directory. It should be located within the 'webapps'
directory.

HTH

Harry