tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mandy Joss" <tomcat21...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set up JAVA_OPTS while running tomcat as a service
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:31:47 GMT
I have already tried this if I set up an environment variable called
JAVA_OPTS as -Dmy.prop=myProp and then try to get it in my application thru
System.getProperty("my.prop"); Its null. So I don't think it looks at the
environment variables.
   If I specify the same thing in the startup.bat file, I am able to get
System.getProperty("my.prop");