tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Humble" <chuck...@humble62.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject windows setup query
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:35:26 GMT
Am sorry to be asking this.  I have a new machine which I'm trying to set
up.  I have a web app which was working fine under tomcat 3.  I've just
moved over to version 5 (and also changed OS to Windows XP unfortunately)
and I now get 404 not found errors for all of my servlets.  I tried setting
up a very basic mapping

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            Welcome
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            welcome
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            welcome
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /twofish/*
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

but the welcome servlet is still not being found.  I also can't navigate to
it using http://localhost:8080/twofish/servlet/welcome.

What do I need to do for Tomcat to see the twofish\WEB-INF\classes
directory?

Also if anyone knows of the top of their head what the class path needs to
look like under Windows so I can compile servlets with javac I'd be
grateful - although I thought the path was correct I can't import import
javax.servlet.http.* currently.

Thanks for your help,

Charles