tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Deaktivate Session-Creation/Handling
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:01:26 GMT

Hi,

>>- Writing an HttpServletRequestWrapper whose getSession methods always
>>return null (or a new empty session, or whatever you need)
>
>Yes i have see this option also but i'm not shure where i add it?

You would do this:
- Write a class that extends HttpServletRequestWrapper, overriding the
two getSession methods to return null.  Call this class NoSessionRequest
or whatever you want to call it.
- Write a Filter (javax.servlet.Filter) whose filter method looks like
this:

public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {
  ServletRequest wrapped = null;
  if(request instanceof HttpServletRequest) {
    wrapped = new NoSessionRequest((HttpServletRequest) request);
  } else {
    wrapped = request;
  }

  chain.doFilter(wrapped, response);
}
Or something along those lines.

Map the filter to url-pattern /* so it handles all requests.  (Or to a
more specific mapping if you'd like).

Even though I mentioned this before, I'll do it again: this is a bad
idea.

Yoav Shapira