tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: write access to c:\winnt\system32
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:17:23 GMT

Hi,

>Ok, I guess I read this wrong, or this person was wrong too.
>http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg93632.htm
>
>Either way, something seems to require write access to the system32
>directory because it works fine with full permissions, but fails when
write
>access is denied.  It's trying to create files like
>c:\winnt\system32\files-460905954.

Neither Eric was wrong nor did you read it wrong.  It's a simple
configuration issue:
- Don't start tomcat from %systemroot%\system32 (so it doesn't get set
as the working directory),
- Make sure that directory is not set as java.io.tmpdir (the tomcat
scripts don't do this, but in case you overrode/customized them),
- Make sure the JSP servlet (in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml) has a
scratchdir you like (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jasper-howto.html)

I think that's it.

Yoav Shapira