tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5: the classloader mystery
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:50:46 GMT

Hi,

>I have some common utility code that is used by all webapps. The code
>is contained in some .jar files and some classes. I placed this code in
>the shared\lib and shared\classes directory wich accordning to the
>documentation is the correct place. But my Servlets cannot find
>these files.

Other people have reported difficulties with shared/lib.  Try common/lib
instead.

>The servlets invokes EJB that is hosted by an appserver. Therefore
>I had to add the appserver specific classes and .jar files to the
CLASSPATH
>variable. I made these changes in the setclasspath.sh file

Your "therefore" conclusion is probably wrong.  Stuff you add to the
environment CLASSPATH isn't visible to your web application any how.
Instead, put the remote EJB client jar/classes in your WEB-INF/lib or
WEB-INF/classes folder.  You can still control things like the initial
context factory class name by specifying it in the environment hashtable
argument to the initial context constructor.

Yoav Shapira