tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Reloading of apps deployed as WAR files
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:44:34 GMT

>Okay. I missed something.  You are using the 2.3 spec method of
>your context stub. That is where you lost me. Never messed with that
<snip />
>Actually this is a new feature of the 2.4 spec and not Tomcat. And with
>you deploy, it would make things very simple and much less error prone.

Um, no.  The context XML file he mentioned is tomcat-specific and not
mentioned in the Servlet Specification.  The deployment descriptor,
web.xml, is what's mentioned in the spec and contains no server-specific
information.  The tomcat 5 feature that allows including the "context
stub" in the WAR file is neither mandated nor precluded by the Servlet

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message