tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: how many sessions can read the ServletContext() at a time
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:53:49 GMT

Hi,
The number of objects that can read a shared unsynchronized object is
limited mostly by your JVM's threading implementation and your hardware.
You can control the semantics further for synchronization using the
usual methods, but you'd lose throughput, so it's back to square one:
just try it instead of asking us to benchmark your code without having
your code ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics