tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Session persistance
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:05:21 GMT

Hi,

>I already RTFM. From the manual I understood that you are also part of
>developing TFM. But in TFM, restoring of the session is mentioned as
>automatic when the applicatio/server restarts. But I want to control
both
>storing and restoring of the session using my code. Is this possible?

Of course it's possible, you just need to customize or write a new
Manager implementation.  That's true for any aspect of tomcat you need
to customize, one of the better benefits of open-source software.

It also would have been good to include the above requirements in your
original question:

>> >I need to
>> >1. Store the session object in a database (I can trigger this
operation
>> >from a jsp say logoff.jsp )
>> >2. Retrieve the session object from the database (I can trigger this
>> >operation from a jsp say login.jsp )
>> >
>> >Thoughts??

Yoav Shapira