tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: HttpProcessor Problem - Starting background thread
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:57:52 GMT

Hi,

>2004-04-16 13:43:41 HttpProcessor[8080][6] Starting background thread
>
>What does this mean? Please can any  tell me the scenarios it could
happen

It means there was sufficient concurrent load on the server that it
needed to start another processing threads, and that less than the
maximum number of threads for connector were already started, so it went
ahead and started another.

>Can i do some thing before or after  this event is called, like
pesisting
>the objects???

Only if you want to write some very tomcat-specific code, and you don't.
This is not a highly significant event in terms of resources, just
another thread, and the 6th (or 7th) one at that so it's not even a high
load scenario.

Yoav Shapira