tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Managing Tomcat Connections - Newbie
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:06:34 GMT

Hi,
There's no way to manage connections from the command line, and you
probably don't want to do it anyways.  Consider:
- Using shorter session timeouts (change from the default 30 minutes to
3 for example),
- Redesigning your app so that a session doesn't have a one to one
correlation with a database connection.  That leads to horrible
scalability anyhow.  Use a connection pool.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics