tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Memory Issues
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:50:23 GMT

Hi,
Note as an aside that the JVM will use as much memory as you allow it
within tuning parameters, i.e. if you give it 1500MB max (and don't
change other defaults), it won't start doing full GCs until it has most
of that allocated, even if most of it can be reclaimed.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics