tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject Clustering / Load Balancer / Session Cookie
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:57:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently testing a setup up on 3 machines.

2 have tomcat 5.0.19, these 2 are clustered with session replication and have a simple test
app.

The other, also 5.0.19, runs the supplied balancer app.

I've written a simple round robin rule which passes the requests back and forth as it should,
I can see the sessions being replicated fine in the logs so all is ok there.

BUT my problem is accessing the same session on both machines. Basically I'm stumped, I know
its not accessing the same session because the redirected URL is different but how can I get
around this?

I've tried a using an HTML frame on the balancer machine but that was clutching at straws
and obviously didnt work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ta
Matt